November 11, 2010

KPOP FRIDAY and Pepero Day!

Happy Friday! and Pepero Day! (well Pepero Day was yesterday.)

Pepero Day is on November 11th each year. It is a holiday created by Lotte (a massive company in Korea). On Pepero Day you exchange Pepero's (chocolate covered pretzel candy made by Lotte) with people you like or love. Therefore, it has grown to be a mini Valentines Day in Korea. Pepero Day in school was awesome. Since I am still the only white girl in school, everyone still thinks I am beautiful and amazing. So pretty much all of the kids still love me and gave me Pepero. I think I may have eaten upwards or 15 boxes of Pepero and by the end of the day I was completely Pepero'd out. Overall, completely commercial holiday, but who can hate on a candy holiday. Pepero Day gets a thumbs up from me.
As for KPOP Friday, I want to leave you with a good weekend song from 2NE1. The song is called "Can't Nobody." It is extremely popular and even made its way into my middle school's talent show (check out my Bugok Middle School Festival video here.) I have been loving on 2NE1 since I got here and I can't wait from them to come out with some new stuff soon.

Please enjoy 2NE1 "Can't Nobody." Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment