April 28, 2011

KPOP Friday

Happy Friday and happy birthday weekend to my friend Marla Weinstein.


This week's KPOP Friday song is Big Bang's "Tonight". Big Bang is a five member Korean boy band. Two of their members (G-Dragon and TOP) recently released a duet album, "High High", that I have been blogging about (because I am in love with TOP). But this week I want to focus on Big Bang as a whole, considering they are probability the most popular Korean male group in the world.



Big Bang recently came back into the Korean music scene after a two year hiatus with the 2011 release of their newest EP "Tonight". It was extremely well received in the Korean and global music community a like. This new album became the first KPOP album to reach the top ten on the US iTunes charts and is the only non Enligh album in the top 100. It looks like Big Bang may be the front running in the global domination of KPOP!


I like the music video for "Tonight" because it looks like they are in America (I think Vegas area). It is interesting to see KPOP blending with American trends and I think we are going to see a lot more of it in the near future.

Enjoy Big Bang's newest hit song "Tonight".

No comments:

Post a Comment