June 30, 2011

KPOP Friday

Happy Fourth of July weekend Friday!


This is one of the first summers of my life that I will (A.) not be in America and (B.) not be on Martha's Vineyard for the fourth. Fourth of July weekend is now one of the only times of the year that I get to see all my Martha's Vineyard friends together (now that we all have jobs that don't allow us to take the entire summer off.)

I miss all of them so much and it really sucks that I am going to be missing this weekend in Chilmark. Have fun at Lucy Viencent, the Store and Derek's guest house. I miss you guys!




In order to celebrate America's finest holiday properly in Korea, we are heading down south to the second largest city in Korea, Busan.



I have actually been to Busan before (blog post), for Chuseok vacation all the way back in September. It was not very warm then , so we could not enjoy this beach city to its fullest. Therefore, we are going back to try and celebrate the fourth on the beach in Busan! (plus we are celebrating my friend Brian's birthday, should be a solid weekend.)

This weeks KPOP Friday song is called "Time is (L)Over" by Jang Woo Hyuk.



Jang Woo Hyuk was a member of a popular Korean boy band H.O.T. His boy band was popular in the 90's but disbanded in 2001. Since then he was in a smaller boy band called JTL with two other former members of H.O.T; however JTL also disbanded in 2003. After he finished his military duties in 2009, Jang Woo Hyuk began working on his Solo album, "I am the Future."



The biggest hit off of Jang Woo Hyuk's solo album is this song, "Time is (L)Over." I like the song and music video, plus I am happy Woo Hyuk could make a come back. For some reason this song reminds me of Enrique Inglesias: the Korean version. The video has some great Korean Man-fashion and lots of group dances. Watch for a good time.



Happy Fourth of July Friday and I hope you enjoy Jang Woo Hyuk's "Time is (L)Over."

No comments:

Post a Comment