September 20, 2010

Simply Korean

After a great weekend of exploring Bucheon, Itaewon (Seoul's foreigner's district) and Guri (a suburb my friend Eric lives in), I am already off of school for the week. I only had to work on Monday and all students and teachers get the rest of the week off for Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving). Well it is actually a celebration of the good harvest, where Koreans visit their ancestral hometowns and share a feast of Korean traditional food; however, all Koreans will describe the holiday as Thanksgiving. If you ask any Korean women about Chuseok they will say they hate it. They have to spend the week at their in laws home in their husbands hometown cooking traditional food and cleaning up after the entire family. Not what I call a thrilling vacation.
Traditional Chuseok Meal

Well Chuseok has a different meaning for me. I am heading off to Busan tomorrow for 5 days with 10 fellow Badgers. Busan is the second largest city in South Korea, located at the south eastern tip of the country. It is known for its beaches, mountains and clubs. It should be a great trip and I am really looking forward to some quality beach time.

For now I want to leave you with some of the pictures I have been taking since I arrived in Korea. When I started this blog, its main purpose was the share my photography and I have not done much of that yet. In this post I want to show you some of the everyday things I have found to be "Simply Korean".

1 comment:

  1. chris you are an amazing photographerr!!!!!! and that puppy ish shoo qooooottttt. love you -gyna

    ReplyDelete