January 6, 2011

KPOP Friday

Happy Friday!

This weekend is my friend Eric's birthday. We are heading to Konkuk University area tonight for some dinner and college drinking. Then on Saturday we are doing a scavenger hunt around Seoul, which should be a blast.

Saturday night we are going to try to make it to Platoon Kunsthalle Night Flea Market in Gangnam. It is a place for socializing, drinking and where local artists show and sell some of their art. CNN say's the "warehouse resembles a futuristic edifice where Lady Gaga might possibly be working on her performance pieces." I am really excited to check out this "eccentric art-house playground" and maybe buy some Korean art for my apartment.
For this weeks KPOP video I want to show you a video that is much better than the music. TVXQ/DBSK's "Keep Your Head Down" is the quintessential KPOP video. Fire, low cut leather jumpsuits, group slow motion dance, its got it all.
You may be wondering what TVXQ stands for. So was I. I found out it is an acronym for Tong Vfang Xien Qi. Of Course! However, after some more digging I learned TVXQ is just their international name. They are known in South Koreas as DBSK, an acronym for Dong Bang Shin Ki. And in Japan they go by the name Tohoshinki, which translates to "The Rising Gods of the East." I never knew KPOP was so complicated.
Here is TVXQ/DBSK/Tohoshinki's video for "Keep Your Head Down". Enjoy KPOP at its greatest!

No comments:

Post a Comment